Pubic Lice (Crabs) - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with pubic lice in you or your partner?

Please select the white circle:

What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Pubic Lice?

Signs and symptoms of pubic lice include:

• Itching in the genital area
  • Visible nits (lice eggs) or crawling lice
Return to Pubic Lice (Crabs)

Comment from: knowledgeseeker, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

More than 20 years ago, I got pubic lice and it definitely came from a cheating (ex-) husband. At first he tried to say we got it from a bathroom or my parents' dog, but the truth came out. It was humiliating and at the same time I became pregnant and miscarried. It haunts me to this day. I'm so glad the relationship ended after many years. It took weeks to treat everything I owned. I was so grossed out.

Comment from: sunnchii, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

Symptoms included a lot of itching, especially after having some sweat in the pubic area or at night. I ignored it for a while, until crab like insects started to appear. They grew in number with time. I used to remove them with fingernails, but itching didn't stop. First mistook it for scabies, but it was pediculosis pubis also known as pubic crab lice. I was never sexually active, so, I've no idea where I got it from.