Sleepwalking - Experiences

Please share your experiences of sleepwalking.

What is sleepwalking?

Sleepwalking is a disorder characterized by walking or other activities while seemingly still asleep.

Return to Sleepwalking

Comment from: Tina, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

I have been a documented sleep walker now for 8 years. I see a neurologist on a regular basis. I take 150mg of Elavil at night, and only sleepwalk now if I am under stress. I also have an eating disorder that occurs in my sleep. I have done housework in my sleep, got dressed, left my home and woken up somewhere else. I have had injuries as a result of sleep walking on more than one occasion. Police have brought me back to my home twice.

Comment from: Ms L, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 11

I just started sleepwalking 2 months ago. I take Seroquel (200mg) at bedtime along with 30 mg of Restoril and 10mg of zolpidem. My first time was leaving my apartment and going up to neighbor's. She gave me coffee and walked me down to my apartment. Apparently I left again and went to another tenant's apartment and asked for money. I got out of bed another night and sat on my kitchen floor eating cereal, the bag turned upside down. I woke the next morning to find a bag of cereal on the floor. Another time when I woke up I found a toasted bagel sitting in the toaster. Another time I discovered in my sleep I made ham and eggs and ate it.