Infertility - Experiences

Please share your experiences with infertility.

Please select the black square:

What is infertility?

Infertility means not being able to get pregnant after one year of trying. Or, six months, if a woman is 35 or older. Women who can get pregnant but are unable to stay pregnant may also be infertile.

Pregnancy is the result of a process that has many steps. To get pregnant:

• A woman must release an egg from one of her ovaries (ovulation).

• The egg must go through a Fallopian tube toward the uterus (womb).

• A man's sperm must join with (fertilize) the egg along the way.

• The fertilized egg must attach to the inside of the uterus (implantation).

Infertility can happen if there are problems with any of these steps.

Return to Infertility

Comment from: NENA, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I do not get my periods regularly, I haven't had them now for about 10 months, and when I do get them they are sometimes heavy and sometimes not, sometimes they last for 5 minutes then sometimes 3 weeks. I get blood clots when I have them and I have been trying to fall pregnant but can't. I have been for ultrasounds and everything and they are saying nothing is wrong with me. They said I have a cyst on my ovary but it is nothing to worry about. But I know they said I am not producing thousands of eggs like other women are, but they still won't help me.

Stay Informed!