Heat Rash - Home Remedies

What home remedies have you tried for a heat rash?

Please select the black square:

Home remedies for heat rash

Heat rash often resolves on its own when the skin cools. If the prickly sensation persists, calamine lotion may be helpful. Some clinicians also recommend over-the-counter hydrocortisone creams or sprays.

Some people suggest that vitamin A or vitamin C creams may be effective to treat heat rash, and though there is no evidence that they work, there is little harm in these treatments.

Return to Heat Rash

Comment from: Damilola, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 13

I used to have prickly heat or hives, most especially when I'm about to sweat during exercise or when I wear too many clothes at night as a means to feel warm. I later noticed I had been exposing myself to more cold than my body could handle, which means my body retains the cold. I bought a personal heater, which permitted me to dress lightly (as opposed to wearing many clothes in the house), exposing my body to adequate air. Ever since I started this, I have not had any itches or heat rashes. I also suggest a drug called Aerius, which is a 24 hour anti-itch treatment, which was prescribed to me when I sought medical attention.

Comment from: MamaSweet, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 28

I have regular heat rash, especially under the breast area. I use cornstarch regularly which really relieves the pain. I also use blue ice which stops the itching and ice packs wrapped in soft cloth. That's about it; it really helps me.