Impingement Syndrome - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of impingement Syndrome?

Please select the black triangle:

What Are the Symptoms of Shoulder Impingement Syndrome?

The typical symptoms of impingement syndrome include difficulty reaching up behind the back, pain with overhead use of the arm and weakness of shoulder muscles.

If these muscles are injured for a long period of time, the muscle can actually tear in two, resulting in a rotator cuff tear. This causes significant weakness and may make it difficult for the person to elevate his or her arm. Some people will have rupture of their biceps muscle as part of this continuing impingement process.

Return to Impingement Syndrome

Comment from: Brunnhilde, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

My symptoms of impingement syndrome were, popcorn popping sound each time shoulder is raised, with sharp pain extending down to mid arm, restricted range of motion (ROM) of shoulder all directions.

Comment from: Psychologist82, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

After a really bad dislocation I had 3 surgeries to repair my torn labrum and cut my bicep tendon because it was so damaged. Fast forward two years and here I am with catching pain, and instability in my shoulder. I didn't know impingement could feel so bad. Physical therapy isn't working and I have a bone spur and partial rotator cuff tear, so a 4th surgery is looking like a real possibility.