Vitiligo - Depigmented Patches

Describe your type of vitiligo, its location on your body, and the progression of your depigmented patches.

Please select the black triangle:

Will the depigmented patches spread?

Focal pattern vitiligo and segmental vitiligo remain localized to one part of the body and do not spread. There is no way to predict if generalized vitiligo will spread. For some people, the depigmented patches do not spread. The disorder is usually progressive, however, and over time the white patches will spread to other areas of the body. For some people, vitiligo spreads slowly, over many years. For other people, spreading occurs rapidly. Some people have reported additional depigmentation following periods of physical or emotional stress.

Return to Vitiligo

Comment from: precious, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I had vitiligo covering all my right face including my right eye, right ear and right side of my nose and head since I was 3 years old. I have lived with it since hoping it will go off hoping hard, enduring the stigma and discrimination and now I am 24 years old.

Comment from: bheinz, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had vitiligo since I was 3. It started on my knees and inner thighs but now at 24 it has moved all over my body and today it has moved to my scalp and has started to turn my hair white. I have tried everything my doctor told me to with no results, and this has caused me to experience depression in my whole life.