Vitiligo - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your vitiligo?

Please select the white circle:

What treatment options are available?

The main goal of treating vitiligo is to improve appearance. Therapy for vitiligo takes a long time-it usually must be continued for 6 to 18 months. The choice of therapy depends on the number of white patches; their location, sizes, and how widespread they are; and what you prefer in terms of treatment. Each patient responds differently to therapy, and a particular treatment may not work for everyone. Current treatment options for vitiligo include medication, surgery, and adjunctive therapies (used along with surgical or medical treatments).

Return to Vitiligo

Comment from: sally, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 15

The only thing that helped my vitiligo was UVB light. It regained some color. You can purchase the hand held lights online. The only thing that helped to stop the spreading was some alterations to my diet. I only drink filtered water. When I have tea I do not use any sugar. Sugar avoidance and red meat avoidance as well as consuming only filtered water has done wonders for me. I don't eat citrus fruits or drinks. I also avoid juices from the store as they are packed with sugar. I don't use harsh chemicals at home or bleach.

Comment from: Ankur, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I have the problem of vitiligo since I was 13. I tried all types of treatments but the result was negative. Ayurvedic treatment helped a bit but later they prescribed Lukoskin medicine due to which my spots spread more. Now I am not taking any more medication. I'm too tired and shattered. I have accepted that this disease cannot be cured.

Stay Informed!