Shoulder Bursitis - Prevention

Please share suggestions for preventing shoulder strain and bursitis.

Can shoulder bursitis be prevented?

By avoiding overuse of the shoulder by excessive straining the shoulder and gradual exercise training, shoulder bursitis can be prevented.

Return to Shoulder Bursitis

Comment from: Wendy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I went to a physiotherapist with shoulder bursitis and he gave me exercises to do and put tape on my shoulders. I found the next day I started getting more movement. I think the tape lifted the pressure off the inflamed area and helped a lot.

Comment from: connie, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 17

Informally I was told by a naturopath who worked in a retirement home that fish oil, with flax and borage had helped those with bursitis who resided in their facility. The facility was asked to see if borage would be beneficial to their heart patients. The results were that the borage did not seem to affect the heart, but all of the patients with bursitis had found great relief, I had been suffering with a frozen shoulder and was anxious to try anything. It worked. I still suffer from bouts of bursitis in my shoulder, but the borage has proven to give me relief within a couple of days, the last three times I have been affected. I usually finish the bottle of pills and then stop taking more until the next bout begins. I wish this could be researched as I have been told that taking fish oil can cause all kinds of health problems.

Stay Informed!