Branchial Cyst - Treatment

Did you have surgery for your branchial cyst? If so, please share your experience.

How is a branchial cyst treated?

Total surgical excision is the treatment of choice. Recurrence is not expected.

Return to Branchial Cyst

Comment from: Will, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 19

I had what turned out to be a branchial cleft cyst after having biopsy and CT scan. The fine needle aspiration (biopsy) greatly irritated and hardened the cyst causing pain and alarm, and I nearly opted for what would have been unnecessary major neck surgery, under urgent pressure from all medical people to do so quickly. The cyst is entirely gone now (4 months later) and the treatment was a traditional Chinese herbal tea prescribed and made by a Chinese doctor. Amazing result, saving me upwards of USD 50K.

Comment from: Lindsey22, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I found out I had a branchial cleft cyst when I was 17 years old. The doctors thought for months that it was a swollen lymph node. I got a PET scan and that determined that it was a branchial cleft cyst. I had surgery a few weeks after diagnosis. The surgery went smoothly and the scar is barely noticeable. My neck was sore for a few days after surgery but overall was a very easy recovery.