Aseptic Necrosis - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with aseptic necrosis?

Please select the white circle:

What are symptoms of aseptic necrosis?

Aseptic necrosis begins as a painless bone abnormality. It can remain painless. The involved bone often later develops pain, especially with use. For example, if a hip joint develops avascular necrosis in the ball of the hip joint, pain can be noted, especially upon weight-bearing. As the ball of the hip joint collapses from the degeneration of the bone from aseptic necrosis, pain in the groin can be felt with hip rotation and pain can sometimes be noted with rest after weight-bearing.

Return to Aseptic Necrosis

Comment from: Out Of Now Where,PA, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: December 19

I was diagnosed with asthma in 12/2010. I was issued Flovent. In 01/2011 I awoke to my legs tingling that lasted for an entire day! I started to feel pain in my lower buttock while driving to work in 09/2011 but it would go away when I walked into work! Buttock pain continued when driving but I noticed my natural walk starting to change in 11/2011. In 01/2012 my groin was throbbing and I was checked for STD at a free clinic but I had no STD. In 02/2012 I was walking with a limp almost every day at work and feeling a lot of pain. (No Health insurance to get MRI yet and was told x-ray of hip area showed no change... yet!) In 10/2012 I got an MRI after an x-Ray now showed bone density decrease. MRI diagnosis was avascular necrosis of right hip.

Comment from: 2young4this, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 14

I have avascular necrosis (AVN) of the right hip probably from a prolonged illness. Initially, I thought I must have very slightly injured myself and the pain in my hip would go away. The illness got better, but the hip pain never went away. It got worse over time. Then, the joint was very painful and no longer moved smoothly, catching or popping in a few places. Had I gone to a doctor when I first felt the slight pain, I might not be facing total hip replacement now. Unfortunately, I"m late stage 3 and the damage is done.