Dry Mouth - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with dry mouth.

Please select the black triangle:

What is dry mouth?

Dry mouth, also called xerostomia, is a condition that usually results from decreased production of saliva. At times, xerostomia can make it difficult to speak and may lead to malnutrition. Extreme dry mouth and salivary gland dysfunction can produce significant and permanent mouth and throat disorders and can impair a person's quality of life.

Return to Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)

Comment from: Sarge, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 11

My wife has the dry-mouth symptoms, but says it's not dry-mouth. She has tried a lot of medications, changed her mouthwash, has arthritis, and does not smoke. Her mouth seems dry and when she uses the sprays, or mouth sore treatments, it only lasts for a short while. She was prescribed a medication which made the symptoms go away, but gave her heart palpitations to the point she thought she might be having heart trouble.

Comment from: authorkhira, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 16

A few months ago, I started suffering of xerostomia or dry mouth, but only when I am sleeping. Each hour I"m obliged to wake up to drink water. This makes me pass urine often which made be sleep-phobic. I became scared of bedtime so sometimes I"m obliged to spend my night awake... it"s really hard especially because I"m working.

Stay Informed!