Trichinosis - Treatment

What forms of treatment, including medication, have been used to treat trichinosis in you or someone you know?

How is trichinosis treated?

Most trichinosis infections have minor symptoms and do not require any treatment as all symptoms resolve without treatment. In those with more intense symptoms, thiabendazole (Mintezol) can be used to eliminate the adult worms in the gastrointestinal tract. Albendazole (Albenza) is another drug that may be used in some cases. The invasive and encysted larva forms of Trichinella species are treated by mebendazole (Vermox). Inflammation of infected tissues is usually treated with prednisone and is frequently used in combination with mebendazole.

Return to Trichinosis

Comment from: Sister, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 17 years ago. I have experienced most of the serious symptoms for trichinosis. My life has been a struggle. I was diagnosed through natural therapies such as muscle testing/kinesiology. When I trace my health right back, strange sensations, etc., had begun happening to me as a 12 year old. I didn't know of anything that could kill of Trichinella till recently. Trichinella does not like the spice cardamom. If you make a tincture of cardamom (half a teaspoon of spice in a 25 ml dropper bottle and top up with a good brandy, shake it 100 times before using) and take 15 drops on your tongue 4 times a day for 2 months, it should see you recovered. I am not there yet, I have a week to go, but boy, I feel great and my body is changing for the better. Nothing to lose and all natural.