Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction - Experience

Please describe your experience with sacroiliac joint dysfunction (si joint pain).

What is sacroiliac joint dysfunction?

There are many different terms for sacroiliac joint problems, including SI joint dysfunction, SI joint syndrome, SI joint strain, and SI joint inflammation. Each of these terms refers to a condition that causes pain in the SI joints from a variety of causes.

Return to Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction (SI Joint Pain)

Comment from: Hopeful, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

After 5 years trying so many different things and wasting tons of money, nothing has worked. I am hoping for surgical fusion intervention for sacroiliac (SI) joint dysfunction and a trapped sciatic nerve. My right side from the hip started with a slight dull ache and has progressed to total weakness, needing a walker 100% of the time. I had to research myself all these years and thanks to finally being able to get insurance, I will demand a specialist trained in these areas. Hope this helps someone!

Comment from: Dfoody, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

To Kathy, after eight years of bad pain I finally had sacroiliac (SI) joint fusion and six months later I have my life back. Check into this, the procedure came from Europe and was approved in the US in 2010. There are not many doctors trained in this procedure but you can contact iFuse and they will send a list of qualified doctors in your area. I walk every day, kayak and now shop.