Churg-Strauss Syndrome - Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with your Churg-Strauss Syndrome?

Please select the black triangle:

What are symptoms of Churg-Strauss syndrome?

Churg-Strauss syndrome causes fever, weight loss, and sinus or nasal passage inflammation in the patient with asthma. Fatigue is common. Sometimes the asthma actually improves somewhat as the disease intensifies elsewhere. Cough, shortness of breath, and chest pain can occur as the lungs are affected by vasculitis.

Skin lumps, called nodules, can appear on the extremities. Diarrhea and pain in the belly occur due to blood vessel inflammation within the abdomen. The bladder and prostate gland can become inflamed.

Numbness or weakness of the extremities is the result of nerve injury from the vasculitis. If the brain is affected, seizures or confusion can occur.

Return to Churg-Strauss Syndrome

Comment from: Janet40, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

I was previously diagnosed with small-vessel vasculitis. Four years ago, I had breast cancer and was treated with radiation, but no chemo. Four months later, I developed asthma, followed by hives. I saw an allergist and they could find nothing that I was allergic to. After many doctor visits, we reviewed lab work and it was noted I had a high eosinophil count. I did not respond to inhalers, but responded well to prednisone. I just had another exacerbation and the doctor said maybe I have Churg-Strauss syndrome. He wants to do a lung biopsy. I'm wondering if I have enough criteria to be diagnosed without having a biopsy.