Objects In Ear - Symptoms

What were the symptoms experienced with an object or insect in your child's ear? In your ear? Please share your story.

Please select the white circle:

What are the symptoms of an object in the ear?

The skin in the ear canal and the eardrum are very sensitive. Any inflammation or injury is usually readily apparent due to pain or irritation.

In young children who are not old enough to verbalize their pain, the diagnosis can be challenging. Redness, swelling, or discharge (blood, inflammatory fluid, or pus) are the main signs of injury to the ear. Small children often scratch or rub the ear repeatedly.

In the case of earwax impaction (cerumen impaction), a "fullness" or pressure is often reported and a decrease in hearing on the affected side is noticed. In extreme cases, dizziness, nausea and vomiting, or unsteady walking result from inflammation of the ear or build-up of pressure on the eardrum causing dysfunction of their middle ear.

Return to Objects Or Insects In Ear

Comment from: william, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: May 13

I always sleep on the floor because of my back. Currently, I don't have health insurance, so I've been treating my ear myself by putting peroxide in it. But now it's gotten worse and feels like it has bugs in there. I heard oil might help kill the bug or whatever it is, but I don't know what oil to use.