Pseudotumor Cerebri - Symptoms

What were your symptoms associated with pseudotumor cerebri (idiopathic intracranial hypertension)?

Please select the black square:

What are the symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri?

Symptoms of pseudotumor cerebri include symptoms that closely mimic large brain tumors:

• headache,
  • nausea,
  • vomiting, and
  • pulsating sounds within the head.
Return to Pseudotumor Cerebri (Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension)

Comment from: Jess, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 18

I had extreme head pains. They were not headaches. It was this terrible stabbing pain in the back of my head that would move to the front. I would black out from time to time due to the high pressures and the doctors believe I had a mini stroke all due to the pressures, and I had a LP (lumbar puncture) done and my opening pressures were over 50 both times. I went 6 years with this pain and blackouts before the doctors finally found the pseudotumor when everyone else had given up!

Comment from: Dawnmm02, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have had pseudotumor cerebri since I was in high school from an antibiotic I took for acne. I have had four rounds with this condition and my symptoms each time have varied. The first time, my version turned to double vision with a severe headache. The second round was just an overwhelming headache and my blind spot would grow and expand for hours on end and relax after I lay horizontal for an hour or so. The third time I had the pulsating sound in my left ear constantly for 2 months, along with the headache. Finally, my fourth round with the condition has brought a constant headache and vomiting. I would be wary of any or all symptoms and they do change from episode to episode.