Kidney Cancer - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of kidney cancer?

Please select the black triangle:

What are kidney cancer symptoms and signs?

Common symptoms of kidney cancer include:

• Blood in the urine (making the urine slightly rusty to deep red)
  • Pain in the side that does not go away
  • A lump or mass in the side or the abdomen
  • Weight loss
  • Fever
  • Feeling very tired or having a general feeling of poor health

Most often, these symptoms do not mean cancer. An infection, a cyst, or another problem also can cause the same symptoms. A person with any of these symptoms should see a doctor so that any problem can be diagnosed and treated as early as possible.

Return to Kidney Cancer

Comment from: Sharon, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

In 2009 when I was 39 I had pain in my right side so I went for a scan to find out I had a tumor in my left kidney. I baffled the doctors as I didn't have any symptoms and didn't fit into the category for kidney cancer. I don't drink, don't smoke, don't take any medication, and am not over weight. I had my operation to remove my whole kidney but got left paralyzed from the operation going wrong. But it doesn't matter as I am still me and alive to look after my 4 children.

Comment from: Bob, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 22

I had no pain, just one time only bloody urine. It turned out to be cancer in both kidneys. The left one was removed and half of the right was removed. Since then it has metastasized to the right elbow, which was surgically removed. Then it metastasized to the left femur, also reconstructed. I have been in stage 4 for 3.5 years.