Myocarditis - Experience

Please describe your experience with myocarditis.

Please select the black triangle:

What is myocarditis?

Myocarditis is inflammation of heart muscle.

Return to Myocarditis

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

I am a healthy and active 19 year old in college and I was just standing in my kitchen with my roommate just talking then suddenly I had a sharp pain in my chest and was dripping sweat within seconds and couldn't stand and tried holding off on going to the hospital, and once I vomited we decided to go to the emergency room. The doctors at first said it was anxiety or stress related, but I knew it wasn't it because I was calm when the initial incident happened. Once they got my blood tests back, they said I had an elevated heart attack enzyme and was taken to the ICU. I got out of the hospital within two days and was on bed rest for the next week, on heart medications, and I cannot do any rigorous actives for the next 3 weeks until my follow up. This is definitely one of the most random things that has happened to me.

Comment from: Gary, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 15

My healthy son was 30 years old when he started having a headache on a Friday morning. He went to work that day but came home mid afternoon and said he was very tired and still had a headache. He rested over the week end to try to get ready for work on Monday but when he did not leave for work early on Monday my wife went down to check on him and found that he had passed away during the night. It was found that he had myocarditis and the only signs were headache and tiredness for about 3 days before he passed away.