Measles - Experience

Did you have measles as a child? Please share your experience.

What is measles?

Measles is a highly contagious viral disease that can be fatal. Although an uncommon disease in the United States of America, in 2008, measles killed 164,000 children worldwide. In most people, the disease produces fever (temperature > 101 F [38.3 C]), a generalized rash that last greater than three days, cough, runny nose (coryza), and red eyes (conjunctivitis). The complications of measles that result in most deaths include pneumonia and inflammation of the brain (encephalitis).

Return to Measles

Comment from: Marianne, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I have all the symptoms, and yesterday I was told by my doctor that I have measles. When I woke up this morning, my knees and fingers were terribly swollen! I think I should go back to the doctor.