Connective Tissue Disease - Signs and Symptoms

What were the signs or symptoms associated with a connective tissue disease in you or a relative?

What are symptoms and signs of a connective tissue disease?

A common symptom of a connective tissue disease is nonspecific fatigue. Depending on which connective tissue disease is present, and how active it is, a wide variety of symptoms may occur. These include fevers, muscle and joint pain and stiffness, weakness, and many other symptoms. Please refer to our articles on each particular disease (see below) for more information about symptoms.

Return to Connective Tissue Disease

Comment from: ediehawk, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

The finger lock up and the pain in your palms could be what they call a trigger finger; I have had 2 of them due to carpel tunnel.

Comment from: Karen, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 22

I have been having a problem with the tendons in my hands locking up during certain movements. My palms hurt and tonight for the first time, when the fingers locked, I was in pain and had a hard time unlocking the "lock up". Doctors don't seem to know what is wrong. I don't know where to go from here. Or even if this is a symptom of connective tissue disorder. Can't seem to find anything related to this problem.

Stay Informed!