Carpal or Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome - Experience

Please describe your experience with carpal tunnel syndrome or tarsal tunnel syndrome.

Please select the white circle:

What is tarsal tunnel syndrome?

Anatomy similar to that of the wrist and hand exists in the ankle and foot. Tarsal is a word derived from the Latin word for "ankle." When the sensory nerve that passes through the tarsal tunnel is irritated by pressure in the tunnel, numbness and tingling of the foot and toes can be felt. This condition is referred to as "tarsal tunnel syndrome." Tarsal tunnel syndrome is analogous to, but far less common, than carpal tunnel syndrome. It is treated similarly.

Return to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome And Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome

Comment from: JBnID, 65-74 (Patient) Published: January 14

I suffered carpal tunnel syndrome for 7 years while building a house and working without relief. Braces on both hands at night allowed some sleep but became increasingly not enough. CTS was adversely affecting my life. January 3rd I went in for bi-lateral CTS release by endoscopic surgery. It's like a miracle! My hands are back! The day after surgery was less painful than the day before! Now, after a week, I'm pain free, sleep all night and have a new outlook on life.

Comment from: BellaBueaty, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have recently started research on carpal tunnel syndrome and I'm am about 99.9 percent sure this is my problem. I started working in a produce department in my place of work and I cut about 150 to 250lbs of fruit every day, among other things I must cut constantly to keep my department full. I have been there for about 8 months and have had severe numbness and pain for about 4 months and for past month and half or so the numbness and pain have also turned into those symptoms plus a severe burning feeling. It is very painful, feels like my skin is literally melting from the inside out like acid in my blood but only in my hands and fingers. It is very bad at night, and upon waking is when it seems to be the worst pain, and I can barely hold objects or do things in the morning such as normal simple things such as washing hair or washing myself in shower, sometimes takes me hour and half for hands to start to feel tolerable for most of the day. It does occur a lot while I am literally in the middle of cutting my fruit for my job and it is severe pain, unbearable at times and feel like I will get fired because I have not been able to do my job as quickly or do as much because of this numbness and burning, let alone barely being able to hold a knife I use to cut with.