Hearing Loss - Treatment

Depending on your diagnosis, what kinds of treatment have you received for your hearing loss?

Please select the black triangle:

What is the treatment for hearing loss?

The treatment of hearing loss depends on its cause. For example:

• Ear wax can be removed
  • Ear infection can be treated with medications
  • Diseases that cause inflammation of the ear can be treated with medication
  • Medications that are toxic to the ear can be avoided
  • Occasionally surgical procedures are necessary
Return to Hearing Loss

Comment from: S. K. SINGHAL, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 23

Suffering hearing loss since 1995. A problem in understanding correct words now i can't understand tv & people sitting behind me I tried widex and other hearing aids machine but no use. Kindly guide me.

Comment from: Harrison Bergeron, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 22

I had hearing loss at an early age, in 1980, which was due to otosclerosis or calcification of the bones in the middle ear. Sound could not be transmitted from the eardrum to the auditory nerve. I had surgery (stapedectomy) which replaces the stapes bone with a prosthesis which connects to the auditory nerve at a different spot. I am 70 and still hear well although I have no high frequencies. My mom had the same surgery in her 60s. An audiologist can determine if you have transmission deafness or nerve deafness. This is not a solution for nerve deafness. I had both ears done.