Food Poisoning - Causes

Do you know what caused your food poisoning?

Please select the white circle:

What are the causes of food poisoning?

There many causes of food poisoning. Sometimes they are classified by how quickly the symptoms begin after eating potentially contaminated food. Think of this as the incubation time from when food enters the body until symptoms begin. The following are examples of how this time classification can be arranged:

Return to Food Poisoning

Comment from: fairy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

We got food poisoning at Poker Palace Caf.

Comment from: BearBear1982, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I work at Burger King and usually don't eat breakfast before I go to work. I worked 11 to 4 that day and after work I ordered some food like I have done a few times before. Everything tasted fine until about 2 hours later when my stomach started hurting. I couldn't eat supper and went to bed about 10:30 still with a stomach ache. I woke at 3 am with vomiting, then again at 4, and 6, being able to keep nothing down including water. I called in to work the next day with the manager being upset with me, then got a headache about 2 hours later. Around 11:30 I finally started to eat some crackers and drink water without throwing it back up.