Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia - Diagnosis and Experience

Were you or a relative diagnosed with benign prostatic hyperplasia? How was it discovered?

Please select the black triangle:

What is benign prostatic hyperplasia?

Benign prostatic hyperplasia is nonmalignant (noncancerous) enlargement of the prostate gland, a common occurrence in older men. It is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia and abbreviated as BPH.

Return to Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia

Comment from: tom fin, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I worked in the coal mines for 24 years and then had a head on collision with a double decker bus. I was off work for 18 months, then the problems started with urinating. After 3 weeks I was in agony straining to force a dribble of urine. The doctor sent me to hospital my consultant said I had an enlarged prostate I had the camera inserted and was told it was benign prostatic hyperplasia. I also had erectile dysfunction. I found it hard to write due to my stroke 3 years ago.