SAPHO Syndrome - Symptoms and Diagnosis

What symptoms did you experience with SAPHO syndrome? How was it diagnosed?

What are symptoms and signs of SAPHO syndrome?

SAPHO syndrome causes inflammation of joints with pain, stiffness, swelling, warmth, and redness. Joints affected can be spinal or away from the spine (peripheral joints) such as the fingers, wrists, or knees. Acne of the skin and pustules of the palms of the hands and soles of the feet are characteristic.

Return to SAPHO Syndrome

Comment from: sara, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 29

I suffered from SAPHO syndrome 2 years after delivering my first baby. I had neck pain, pustulosis on my hand, difficulty in breathing, and chest pain. I was lucky because I am doing excellent now after lots of tests and of course a colonoscopy. I am under Salazopyrine 4 tablets daily. I had my second baby and during pregnancy did not stop the treatment and I am doing great. Good luck everyone, be positive, do sports, and eat healthy food.

Comment from: paula37643, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 23

I just came from a doctor's appointment and he is leaning towards SAPHO syndrome with me. I am scheduled for a CT scan of my chest bone and upper ribs 1st, 2nd 3rd. It is extremely painful up under my clavicle and also my chest bone/plate feels bruised and in a flare, the pain is unbearable!