Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome - Share Your Experience

Please share the events that led to a diagnosis of Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.

Who gets Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome?

Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome can affect all ages but is usually diagnosed in children, adolescents, and young adults. Except in rare circumstances, Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome is not a hereditary condition.

Return to Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome

Comment from: PhdMommy, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 24

When she was 18 months old, our daughter had circulation issues with her lips and hands turning blue. When we had this examined further, the ER found nothing. However, as it continued to occur, we followed up with a cardiologist who within five minutes looked at the hospital's EKG and saw the WPW indicators. Since she is still so young, we have an event monitor with her at all times to make a quick recording if she appears to be in pain, short of breath, etc.

Comment from: me, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 20

I was diagnosed with WPW. I had an ablation and have not looked back. I have never felt better. I was 55 at the time.