Hip Bursitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with hip bursitis.

What is hip bursitis?

There are two major bursae of the hip, the trochanteric bursa and the ischial bursa. Inflammation of either can be associated with stiffness and pain around the hip joint. The trochanteric bursa is located on the side of the hip. It is separated significantly from the actual hip joint by tissue and bone.

Return to Hip Bursitis

Comment from: Mar, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 01

I am just starting treatment for hip bursitis, Graston technique. I had one session with my chiropractor and already sleeping better. I am dreading next sessions because it isn't exactly pain free, but at least only lasts 90 seconds. Better than shots and surgery, hopefully.

Comment from: Goldie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I've had bursitis in my shoulder/elbow before, shots and steroids worked. However, now I have it in the outer and inner hip area. I got a shot which helped some with the trochanteric bursitis on the side of the right hip, but the ischiogluteal bursa by the tailbone is still inflamed. Now going on 8 weeks of tests, taking medications, walking with a cane, tried TENS unit, icing and heat, but the pain is worse at night from being on it all day at work, it just aggravates it all over again. By the end of the week, I spend Saturday doctoring myself again in order to be able to do anything. I am behind on everything.