(Optional)

Gender of Patient:Male Female

Signs and symptoms of endometrial cancer include unusual vaginal discharge or pain in the pelvis.

These and other signs and symptoms may be caused by endometrial cancer or by other conditions. Check with your doctor if you have any of the following:

• Bleeding or discharge not related to menstruation (periods).
  • Difficult or painful urination.
  • Pain during sexual intercourse.
  • Pain in the pelvic area.
Return to Uterine Cancer

Comment from: Starryeyes, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 02

I noticed blood in the toilet after urinating, in November 2015. I thought it was kidney-related due to having had kidney stones in the past. The doctor gave me a thorough exam and could not find anything wrong. I also went to my gynecologist who performed a Pap smear and said she didn't see any bleeding. I had spotting in February 2016 and returned to the gynecologist who then ordered a D and C biopsy. The test results came back positive for uterine cancer. I have an appointment with a specialist this week and am hoping it was caught early enough that additional treatment other than surgery will not be needed. I am 57 so surgery will just remove the spare parts no longer needed. On the bright side, I will not have to worry about ovarian cancer. The diagnosis is very upsetting but it's out of my control. I will do everything I can to stay healthy. Wishes and hugs for all of us.

Comment from: fighting endo cance, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

Symptoms I experienced with my uterine cancer were occasional vaginal spotting when having a bowel movement, then minor pain in lower back at bottom end of backbone, then constant spotting and light bleeding. My gynecologist kept telling me it was perimenopause. It was uterine cancer. Do NOT accept a Pap smear result if you have abnormal spotting or abnormal bleeding. Ask for a transvaginal ultrasound. If you turn out to have cancer, the difference in a few months of being diagnosed can mean a huge difference in your survival and your treatment. Persist if you do not believe or trust your gynecologist. Go to a teaching hospital's gynecology department and tell them to do every test there is on you to find out why you are bleeding abnormally. Do not believe "it will ease off" or "all women have strange bleeding every once in a while" or "that's what happens when you get older." Persist in getting very thorough tests. It will make a difference in your survival rate.

Comment from: HadNoIdea, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I've have been bleeding off and on (mostly on but lightly) for over three years. I was assigned a new OB/GYN "again," and it was time for my every-three-years Pap/exam. My doc saw that I had some fibroids and decided to do a biopsy because there were many. I was never told to be concerned about my bleeding, but yet I've been menopausal for eight years or so. I received a call that I have uterine cancer and must now have a hysterectomy. If you think bleeding is abnormal when you are menopausal, it probably is. Be sure to talk with your doctor as you know your body best. I'm glad that they will remove everything, and I'm hoping nothing has spread.