Hives - Symptoms

What did your hives look like and where on your body did they appear? Did you have other symptoms?

Please select the black square:

What are symptoms and signs of ordinary hives?

Ordinary hives flare up suddenly and usually for no specific reason. Welts appear, often in several places. They flare, itch, swell, and go away in a matter of minutes to hours, only to appear elsewhere. This sequence may go on from days to weeks. Most episodes of hives last less than six weeks. Although that cutoff point is arbitrary, hives that last more than six weeks are often called "chronic."

Return to Hives

Comment from: sandym646, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 28

The itching is driving me crazy; I've been having this problem now for about four months. I thought it was my diabetic medicine, which I stopped taking, and now the bumps have moved from my arms to my legs and now to my back and buttocks. I take antihistamine pills constantly, use anti-itch creams, hydrocortisone cream, and antibiotic ointment to keep from them getting infected. I'm about ready to go to the ER the itching is unbearable.

Comment from: Robertaca1970, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I am a 43yr old woman who is having a very itchy experience with something that looks like chicken pox or measles, my mother said I had chicken pox as a child but cant recall specifically when. She said they more resemble measles, but I don't know what I have, all I no is that it began on the arms and went to chest and under breasts, now its over my stomach and back down towards buttocks. I have a few on back of the legs and 2 on my face. I don't have any other symptoms just this itchy redness.

Stay Informed!