Tremor - Share Your Experience

Please share your experience with tremors.

Please select the black square:

What causes tremor?

Tremor is generally caused by problems in parts of the brain that control muscles throughout the body or in particular areas, such as the hands. Neurological disorders or conditions that can produce tremor include multiple sclerosis, stroke, traumatic brain injury, and neurodegenerative diseases that damage or destroy parts of the brainstem or the cerebellum. Other causes include the use of some drugs (such as amphetamines, corticosteroids, and drugs used for certain psychiatric disorders), alcohol abuse or withdrawal, mercury poisoning, overactive thyroid, or liver failure. Some forms of tremor are inherited and run in families, while others have no known cause.

Return to Tremors

Comment from: Thea, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 13

I am 36 years old and battling with shakes and tremors. Some days are worse than others, it gets so bad that I can't drink or eat because my head is shaking so badly. I have not seen a doctor about this yet. I have asthma and because I use my inhaler more than 3 times a day I thought it might be the cause of my shaking so much. I have been diagnosed with depression and I suffer with anxiety.

Comment from: Sajed, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 26

I am unable to write because of my tremors. When I am walking I feel uneasy. Sometimes I cannot talk normally, sometimes when I'm talking I feel something block my throat. Sometimes my whole body is unnecessarily moving.