Drug-Induced Liver Disease - Describe Your Experience

The symptoms of drug-induced liver disease can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?

What is drug-induced liver disease?

Drug-induced liver diseases are diseases of the liver that are caused by physician-prescribed medications, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, hormones, herbs, illicit ("recreational") drugs, and environmental toxins.

Return to Drug-Induced Liver Disease

Comment from: TCB, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 02

I was prescribed Diclofenac Sod 75mg and had side affect dark urine and I took about 10 pills. I went for something else now stressed about an elevated bilirubin and I also stop taking Simvastatin. I will change diet and exercise to lower cholesterol. I am still under going tests, but this is not worth the side affects.

Comment from: ehvmensa, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 17

I had been diagnosed with hepatitis as a teen in the 70s and received treatment for it at the time. Not knowing any dangers associated with drinking I drank all my life. Then with a sore shoulder I was prescribed Voltaren (diclofenac sodium) and took 1 dose. I became violently ill, taking on all the adverse reactions I found on it. It caused my kidney and liver to fail. My kidney came back but I am on the transplant list for my liver. Always read the possible reactions to a drug before taking it.