Rosacea - Natural Remedies

Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.

What natural treatments or home remedies can help rosacea?

Rosacea skin tends to be fairly sensitive and may easily flare with self-treatment or common acne therapies. Any home treatment or attempts for natural remedies should be approached with some caution. As with any rosacea therapy, some people may experience sensitivity or irritation with treatment. Several possible natural remedies, including dilute vinegar cleansing and green tea applications, may be useful in rosacea.

Dilute white vinegar facial soaks or cleansing daily or weekly using approximately 1 part regular table vinegar to 6 parts water may be helpful. Vinegar is thought to help as a natural disinfectant and can help decrease the number of yeasts and bacteria on the skin. Since vinegar may flare rosacea in some people, a small test area should be tried before applying to the entire face.

Green tea soaks to the face may also help decrease the redness and inflammation seen in rosacea. Green tea is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties. A few commercially available products also use green tea as the active ingredient.

Return to Rosacea

Comment from: Tammy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 03

I have suffered from rosacea for over 40 years. I have avoided makeup, and typical skin routines because of flare ups. Dove soap, tea tree oil, and moisturizers all made the condition worse. I recently discovered that a solution of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar and purified water sprayed on my face and just left there worked and my skin looks almost normal now after 6 weeks. Even the spidery veins have gone. I also wash my face with liquid soft soap in the shower and use the vinegar solution when I visit the wash room. It is made up in a little spray bottle and I just spray it on. 1 teaspoon to 12 oz water. A cure at last!

Comment from: Vonnie, (Patient) Published: June 09

I have found that taking an antacid such as an over the counter Rennie helps to settle my burning face and pimples from rosacea, as strange as it may seem. I need to take about 6 per day usually in the mornings before breakfast.