Rosacea - Natural Remedies

Do you use any home or natural remedies for your rosacea? Please share tips.

What natural remedies can help rosacea?

Rosacea skin tends to be fairly sensitive and may easily flare with self-treatment or common acne therapies. Any home treatment or attempts for natural remedies should be approached with some caution. As with any rosacea therapy, some people may experience sensitivity or irritation with treatment. Several possible natural remedies, including dilute vinegar cleansing and green tea applications, may be useful in rosacea.

Dilute white vinegar facial soaks or cleansing daily or weekly using approximately 1 part regular table vinegar to 6 parts water may be helpful. Vinegar is thought to help as a natural disinfectant and can help decrease the number of yeasts and bacteria on the skin. Since vinegar may flare rosacea in some people, a small test area should be tried before applying to the entire face.

Green tea soaks to the face may also help decrease the redness and inflammation seen in rosacea. Green tea is thought to have anti-inflammatory properties. A few commercially available products also use green tea as the active ingredient.

Return to Rosacea

Comment from: Cstephens890, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 09

I've had the most success with Fruit of the Earth vitamin E skin care cream. It's really cheap! I've tried so many different products. This works best for me! I also use sweet almond oil.

Comment from: ohbaby, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I"ve heard of sulfur creams to apply topically that help. But they are mixed with chemicals. I"m of the opinion most of our problems we suffer, is due to what we are not supplying what our body needs. There are sulfur crystals you take internally that many people swear by, that improve your all around health including rosacea. I can"t personally attest to this, but I am definitely going to give it a try. Sulfur detoxifies the body and is one of the most abundant minerals your body needs. In other words it"s good for you regardless. People rave it takes years off their appearance, so your skin probably loves it. One other natural product that I have had experience with is jojoba oil. This I know firsthand, will help with many skin problems. Jojoba oil and sulfur crystals. Even if they don't help with rosacea, you should see big improvements in your skin.