Multiple Myeloma - Follow-up care

What type of follow-up care do you or a relative receive for multiple myeloma?

Please select the black square:

What support systems are available for multiple myeloma?

The International Myeloma Foundation (IMF) can provide caregivers and patients information about many aspects of this disease. IMF's phone number is 1-(800)-452-2873. There are local, state, and national support groups for multiple myeloma, but not all are available in every city.

Return to Multiple Myeloma

Comment from: Phillip, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 20

I have had multiple myeloma for 2 years. I have had no pain but was very anemic. I had chemotherapy for a year. I get Procrit monthly. I think I have been lucky.

Comment from: Shelley, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 24

My dad is 73 years old, was diagnosed with smoldering multiple myeloma 2 years ago. This past fall it had progressed and he started taking chemotherapy pills, which caused blood clots in his lungs and legs. He is now off of the pills, but they found lesions on his back bone. He had a PET scan, and now they are looking at a stem cell transplant. Hoping that all goes well for him as we do not want to see him suffer with pain.