Hodgkin's Disease - Treatment

What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for Hodgkin's disease?

Please select the black triangle:

What is the treatment for Hodgkin's lymphoma?

People with Hodgkin lymphoma have many treatment options. Treatment options include:

• Chemotherapy
  • Targeted Therapy
  • Radiation Therapy
  • Stem Cell Transplant

The treatment that's right for you depends mainly on the type of Hodgkin lymphoma (most people have classical Hodgkin lymphoma), where the lymphoma was found in your body (its stage), and whether you've had weight loss, drenching night sweats, or fevers. It also may depend on whether you have a tumor that is bigger than 10 centimeters (4 inches). You may receive more than one type of treatment, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy.

At any time, care is available to prevent infections, control pain, relieve the side effects of treatment, and ease emotional concerns. You can get information about coping on NCI's website at http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/coping.

Also, you can get information about coping from NCI's Cancer Information Service at 1-800-4-CANCER (1-800-422-6237). Or, chat using NCI's instant messaging service, LiveHelp (https://livehelp.cancer.gov).

Return to Hodgkin's Disease

Comment from: Kathy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I'm 48 years old and was diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma in November 2012. My treatment was ABVD chemotherapy every other week. My scans were clean after eight treatments, but I had four more just to be safe. I feel really good now, but I gained a lot of weight from the steroids. Now I need to work on that.

Comment from: Linda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I was diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma in Dec, 1971. Went to Dr for bad cold over Christmas college break. He suggested a biopsy of the neck lymph node. By Spring I had under gone one round of radiation, had my spleen removed in April, 72. Did another round of radiation. Stayed in school , with lighter load. Graduated 1974, taught public schools for 37 years. Now retired. No relapses, healthy, had one child in 84. I think of myself as one of the lucky ones.

Stay Informed!