Fever - Signs and Symptoms

What signs and symptoms did you or your child experience along with a fever?

Please select the black triangle:

What are the signs and symptoms of a fever?

A fever can cause you to feel very uncomfortable. Signs and symptoms of a fever include the following:

• Temperature greater than 100.4 F (38 C) in adults and children
  • Shivering, shaking, chills
  • Aching muscles and joints
  • Headache
  • Intermittent sweats
  • Rapid heart rate and/or palpitations
  • Skin flushing
  • Feeling faint, dizzy, or lightheaded
  • Weakness
  • With very high temperature (> 104 F/40 C), convulsions, hallucination, or confusion is possible. Seek medical attention.
Return to Fever

Comment from: fever, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 18

My daughter is 2-1/2 years old and has been suffering from a fever for the past week. She has no other symptoms, like a cold, cough or body pain. Her doctor recommended giving her 250 mg of acetaminophen, three times a day. She is very active and her temperature remains high, but she feels hot only in her neck and on her forehead. What is the remedy?

Comment from: Az Kayaker, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

For the past 4 years or so my normal daily body temperature runs at between 99.6 and 101, without any exercise beyond just walking small distances. When I wake up in the morning my body temperature is 96.0 to 97.2. Prior to this my normal body temperature stayed at 98.6 and it might reach 100 if I was sick or doing heavy exercise. It doesn"t seem normal to me but sure can"t find a doctor here in that seems to think it is odd.