Bed Bugs - In Hotels

Please describe your experience with bed bugs.

Please select the black square:

What about bed bugs in hotels?

Many news reports in recent years have focused on the discovery of bed bugs in upscale hotels, and a number of lawsuits have been filed by guests in these fashionable hotels who awoke to find hundreds of bed bug bites covering their skin. Searching on TripAdvisor and other travel-review web sites regularly reveals information and even photos confirming the presence of bed bugs in numerous hotels.

Since the bed bugs can arrive on the clothing or in the suitcases of guests from infested homes or other hotels harboring the pests, hotels can be an easy target for bed bug infestations.

In addition to hotels, bed bugs have been found in movie theaters, office buildings, laundries, shelters, in transportation vehicles, and other locations where people may congregate.

Return to Bedbugs

Comment from: johngo, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: December 22

I started experiencing major itching in a few consistent areas on my arm, leg and lower tummy but when I check the areas out all I see is a little redness that could've been caused by scratching. I'm not sure what is causing this but I have recently found out a friend has bedbugs in their home, and I have sat on their furniture. I don't know but I have never experienced itching like this without some kind of noticeable red bumps.

Comment from: Itchy in PHX, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 17

I was in Phoenix for a few days. The day I checked into the hotel I sat on the sofa and had bites within two hours. Of course I did not feel the actual bites, my skin started itching and I scratched and saw a number of small bites. I informed the front desk at the hotel and requested to be moved to another room. I moved to the new room, but that did not improve the situation. Over the course of the three days I was there, I experienced additional bites. I reported this to the front desk. One of the workers told me they thought they had corrected the problem. A manager was called to speak to me and she denied there was ever a bed bug problem and told me the bites did not happen at the hotel. I am back home, my skin looks awful and I cannot wait for two weeks to pass and my skin is back to normal.