Bed Bugs - In Hotels

Please describe your experience with bed bugs.

Please select the black square:

What about bed bugs in hotels?

Many news reports in recent years have focused on the discovery of bed bugs in upscale hotels, and a number of lawsuits have been filed by guests in these fashionable hotels who awoke to find hundreds of bed bug bites covering their skin. Searching on TripAdvisor and other travel-review web sites regularly reveals information and even photos confirming the presence of bed bugs in numerous hotels.

Since the bed bugs can arrive on the clothing or in the suitcases of guests from infested homes or other hotels harboring the pests, hotels can be an easy target for bed bug infestations.

In addition to hotels, bed bugs have been found in movie theaters, office buildings, laundries, shelters, in transportation vehicles, and other locations where people may congregate.

Return to Bedbugs

Comment from: Marriot , 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

During a recent stay at a hotel, my 5 month old son and I woke up to bite marks, welts on our body. I informed the management and they quickly came to our room, ransacked the sofa sleeper that we were sleeping on and threw out our sheets and pillows. They, of course, seem very apologetic and refunded our fees 100%. We both got treated for bed bugs and I filed a claim against the hotel.

Comment from: VS, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 21

So far I haven't seen any famous hotel guarantee the room is free of bed bugs. I always check and make sure the sheet is new and clean.