Muscle Cramps - Vitamins and Supplements

Which vitamins or supplements did you start taking to relieve muscle cramps?

Please select the black triangle:

Can vitamin deficiencies cause muscle cramps?

Several vitamin deficiency states may directly or indirectly lead to muscle cramps. These include deficiencies of thiamine (B1), pantothenic acid (B5), and pyridoxine (B6). The precise role of deficiency of these vitamins in causing cramps is unknown.

Return to Muscle Cramps

Comment from: Cara J., 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: April 27

Approximately 4 nights out of 7, I get excruciating pain from leg cramps. A nursing aide advised me to take a tablespoon of mustard to make them go away. From that time until now, I use that method and it has never failed to stop the pain within minutes. I don't know why, but it works for me. I use honey-mustard now, and spread a tablespoon of it on a slice of bread, and the pain rapidly goes away.

Comment from: Califkid, 65-74 (Patient) Published: July 21

When I get a muscle cramp sometimes very painful, I reach in my pocket if I have some GNC cinnamon capsules on me and take one and the pain goes away in about 10 minutes or less. I have not tried other brands, but GNC cinnamon capsules work.