Sty (Stye) - Symptoms

What symptoms did you have when you were suffering from a sty?

What are sty symptoms and signs?

The first signs and symptoms of a sty are usually redness, tenderness, and pain in the affected area. The eye may feel irritated or "scratchy." Later signs and symptoms may include swelling, discomfort during blinking of the eye, watering of the eye, and sensitivity to light. A common sign of a sty is a small, yellowish spot at the center of the bump that represents pus rising to the surface.

Return to Sty (Stye)

Comment from: harvey, Male (Patient) Published: March 19

I am a 30 year old male and I have had a stye since the beginning of January. I have been using antibiotics, but recently I have noticed the appearance of what looks like tiny additional styes on top of the original stye. Very strange, but not painful.

Comment from: Anna, 13-18 (Patient) Published: July 09

Pain when blinking is my number one symptom. A bump would appear the next day.