Depression - Symptoms in Teens

What are the symptoms of your teenager's depression?

Depression symptoms and signs in teenagers

In addition to becoming more irritable, teens might lose interest in activities they formerly enjoyed, experience a change in their weight, and start abusing substances. They may also take more risks, show less concern for their safety, and they are more likely to complete suicide than their younger counterparts when depressed. Generally a condition in adolescents, acne increases the risk of teen depression.

Return to Depression

Comment from: Concerned Mom, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 02

My 17-year old daughter seems preoccupied and withdrawn. How can I tell if it's just "the blues" or depression?

Comment from: florina, 13-18 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 07

My daughter is 15 started 10th grade, she was a brilliant student in the school always got 90% to 95% marks was good in all activities school and church pet of all the teachers, and a regular altarserver scored 100% for catechism classes. Always loved books and loved school. Since last final exam of 9th grade, she suddenly came home and started crying and started telling that she doesn't feel like studying and doesn't want to study at all. I made her understand and told just to do whatever she can she answered the paper and she passed. On the 27th my daughters school started and on the first day she came crying home and now she is that she doesn't want to study and doesn't want to go to school at all, my wife spoke to her friends and teachers if any problem in the school but no problem with anybody and they told that she also doesn't have a boyfriend.