Night Sweats - Treatment

What was the treatment for your night sweats?

Night sweats treatment

The treatment for night sweats depends upon the underlying cause.

In summary, night sweats are usually a harmless annoyance; however, they are sometimes a sign of an underlying medical condition. Persons with unexplained night sweats should seek medical care.

Return to Night Sweats

Comment from: cnuttallmd, 65-74 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 04

As a physician who's experienced night sweats all my life, I found this discussion to be not very useful. My mother also experienced night sweats all her life until she died at age 79. I suspect I have idiopathic night sweats, meaning that the doctor is an idiot and the patient is pathetic. My night sweats occur within the first few minutes of falling asleep. The profuse seating is largely confined to my head. I believe it's known that body temperature falls during sleep. So I think my night sweats are an attempt by my body to reset my thermostat. I had night sweats when I was young and healthy, after I developed obstructive sleep apnea and hypothyroidism. Correcting those conditions has had no effect on the night sweats. Now I cover my pillow with a towel every night and wash it every day.

Comment from: tea7540, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 14

I was finally diagnosed with a benign pituitary tumor about the size of a golf ball which caused my neight sweats and was starting to affect my vision. The doctors had to remove my pituitary gland along with the tumor.