Hypothyroidism - Diet

How does your diet affect your hypothyroidism?

Please select the black triangle:

What is hypothyroidism?

Hypothyroidism is a condition characterized by abnormally low thyroid hormone production. There are many disorders that result in hypothyroidism. These disorders may directly or indirectly involve the thyroid gland. Because thyroid hormone affects growth, development, and many cellular processes, inadequate thyroid hormone has widespread consequences for the body.

This article will focus specifically on hypothyroidism in adults.

Return to Hypothyroidism

Comment from: paul, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

i am 57 years old and diabetic of type-2 since last 15 years. I have never been tested for thyroid functioning, but now my blood analysis revealed very high level of tsh (ie#82)and t4#7, as per symptoms i have very low heart beat(52),high levels of cholesterol, muscles cramps,s welling around eyes etc.

Comment from: km, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 10

To the woman who experienced depression and exhaustion after the birth of her third child, I will relate my experience. I had similar symptoms and was very crabby following the birth of my child. My doctor put me on Mycostasin, which kills the fungus that women have following birth and causes depression. It is not possible to diagnose it, but the effects of the medication are almost instantaneous.