Restless Leg Syndrome - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your restless leg syndrome (RLS)?

What are the symptoms of restless leg syndrome?

Many different symptoms are described by people with restless leg syndrome, for example:

• leg pain,
  • cramps,
  • tingling,
  • itchy,
  • burning, and
  • aching.

The characteristic nighttime worsening of symptoms in persons with restless legs syndrome frequency leads to insomnia. Because of lack of sleep, children and some adults may be very drowsy, irritable, and aggressive during daytime hours.

Restless leg syndrome usually begins slowly. Over time, the legs become more affected. Less frequently, restless leg syndrome can affect the arms.

Return to Restless Leg Syndrome

Comment from: Lisa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 16

I have had 6 deep vein thromboses (DVTs) in my right leg and one in my lady parts after a tubal ligation 18 years ago. I now have been getting phlebitis. I don't experience pain, but my leg looks discolored, purple/blue and there are spots where the blood pools. I take two blood thinners and am constantly at the doctor's. My doctor looked away after seeing my leg. I am 50. I should not be dealing with all this. I move around all the time and I am not sedentary. It's so upsetting to see my once nice legs look beat up and almost bruised. I am looking for a solution for getting rid of the phlebitis. My veins are popped out, my knee has a knot in it and my ankle looks terrible.

Comment from: Pretty Redd, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 25

I found out that using Sergeant's Skip-Flea and Tick shampoo for dogs and puppies cleared my scabies up. Take a shower morning and at night using this shampoo. This shampoo is inexpensive and gets the job done. It has 10 percent of permethrin in it. As of this day I still use it to avoid re-infestation.