Ca 125 - Results

Share your experience with your CA 125 test results.

Please select the black triangle:

How is CA 125 measured?

CA 125 is usually measured from a venous blood sample. It can also be measured in fluid from the chest or abdominal cavity. The tests currently in use are all based upon the use of an antibody that is directed against the CA 125 protein (monoclonal antibody technique).

In 1991, an improved version of the test was introduced and is sometimes denoted as CA 125 - II. The numerical figure of the second generation test results may be higher or lower than a first generation test. The first generation test is no longer used. When comparing multiple test results over time, it can be important to know which method was used.

Return to CA 125

Comment from: NancyV,, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I am a 42 year old woman who received a CAT scan 3 weeks ago due to a fall and concussion. The scan showed a meningioma tumor on the right side that a neurosurgeon wants to take a wait and see approach. I had an MRI just for more information on this tumor and discovered a 2nd small 3 mm tumor in pituitary. Again the doctor dismissed the findings. I went for blood work before my physical and my CA 125 results are 60! Blood platelets are high. Now waiting to add to blood work for hormone level. I got a 2nd MRI on pituitary and waiting for results. I am concerned but no one else is. I had many health issues prior, loss of weight, sight, vertigo, etc.

Comment from: A2nA2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

CA 125 before surgery was 32. Mass was intact with no cancer on the outside. Level was 65 after surgery with surgical spill. Dropped to 25 after first chemotherapy and 10 after second chemotherapy.