Sjögren's Syndrome - Prognosis

What is the prognosis for your Sjögren's syndrome?

Please select the black square:

What is the prognosis for patients with Sjögren's syndrome?

With proper attention to eye and oral care, the outlook for patients with Sjögren's syndrome is generally excellent. Eye dryness can lead to serious injury to the eye, particularly the cornea, and this should be avoided by consultation with an eye specialist. Mouth dryness can lead to dental decay and parotid gland infection and parotid stones. Optimal oral hygiene is essential.

The serious complications of primary biliary cirrhosis and lymphoma can dramatically affect prognosis and are monitored for in routine regular office visits.

Return to Sjogren's Syndrome

Comment from: Lavender grace, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

I discovered I had a hiatal hernia, over a year ago. I've always had digestive problems and sometimes I would bloat up so much I couldn't breathe. I take acid reflux medicines and lots of Gas-X. Sometimes I feel like my heart is skipping beats because I'm so bloated! If I lift anything heavy, the next day my back and the side of my ribs hurt and I can hardly breathe. I'm a care giver and I think it's causing me a lot of stress. I feel so depressed.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 22

I have been having fever and pain since last two days and currently my mouth taste is virulent and I have pain all over my body. My body temperature is not so high and pulse rate is normal, but I feel blood pressure is low.