Heat Rash - Treatment

What was your heat rash treatment?

What is the treatment for heat rash?

Return to Heat Rash

Comment from: Shaz, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 21

I get heat rash when it gets hot especially if I am outdoor. I usually apply cortisone and it helps, but last night I ran out so I cut a potato in half and applied over my rash. After a couple of minutes, the tingling sensation reduced and I felt better. Give it a try, it really worked.

Comment from: JB, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

I've suffered from prickly heat for 30 years, but only if going out in the sun/heat for long periods, e.g. on holiday. I tried many over the counter remedies for the heat rash but nothing worked and holidays were miserable. Finally just prior to a 3 week holiday in a hot country about 15 years ago I sought advice from my new general physician. He too was a prickly heat sufferer and the only thing he had found to help him was prednisolone (prescription steroid pills). I took them as directed and stayed off alcohol. I didn't get prickly heat! It is a drastic remedy and steroids can only be taken for a very short term as they have side effects, but if you only get prickly heat on holiday to a hot country every few years like me, it is worth it.