Jock Itch (cont.)
What home remedy can I use for jock itch?
Home remedy for mild jock itch include the following:
- Washing the groin skin two to three times a day with a gentle soapless cleanser like Dove non-soap cleanser or Cetaphil and water
- Keeping the groin area dry
- Avoiding excess groin skin irritation by wearing 100% cotton underwear
- Avoiding fabric softeners, bleaches, or harsh laundry detergents
- Applying a mix of over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream and clotrimazole (Lotrimin, Mycelex) cream one to two times a day to the affected area