Alzheimer's & Dementia
These simple changes to your lifestyle might delay
the start of dementia or slow its progression
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
From diagnosis to treatment, learn about this autoimmune disease
that causes chronic joint inflammation and pain
What causes asthma? Are there home remedies?
Test your medical knowledge to find out
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Teen Promiscuity, Pregnancy Rates
Chemicals in Shampoos, Cosmetics
Yoga Soothes Back Pain
Intense Exercise Bad for Bowels
What Are Saturated Fats?
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Alzheimer’s Disease: 10 Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Gallbladder Pain: What Causes Gallbladder Problems?
- Testicular Cancer: 10 Symptoms of Testicular Cancer
- Heart Attack Warning Signs: 12 Early Signs of Heart Attack
- Spider Bites: What Are the Symptoms of Spider Bites?
- Gastroparesis (Paralyzed Stomach): What Is a Paralyzed Stomach?
- Ticks (Tick Bites): Learn About Tick Bite Symptoms and Treatments
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Propylthiouracil (PTU): What Are Side Effects of Propylthiouracil?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart