As more baby boomers age, deaths from
Alzheimer's disease have jumped 55 percent
Lose Weight Faster
Here are 10 surefire tricks to help boost
your metabolism and shed unwanted pounds
Health News of the Week
Do Fidget Spinners Work?
Chocolate Guards the Heart
Filtered Cigarette Safety
New Fruit Juice Guidelines
Outbreak: Pool-Linked Infections
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Heart Attack Symptoms : 12 Early Signs of Heart Attack
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Sunburn Relief: 25 Home Remedies for Sunburn
- Muscle Cramps: What Is the Treatment for Muscle Cramps?
- Stool Color Changes: Read About Causes of Stool Color Changes
- Colitis: Colitis Symptoms and Causes
- ADD or ADHD in Children: What Are the Symptoms of ADD or ADHD?
- Liver Disease: Read About the Symptoms of Liver Disease
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Cryptosporidiosis: What Are the Symptoms of Cryptosporidiosis?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart