Having magnesium levels that are too high or too low
may put you at risk for Alzheimer's and other dementias
Learn about this progressive condition that clouds the internal
lens of the eye, affecting vision and possible blindness over time
Lung Cancer Quiz
Lung cancer and smoking often, but not
always, go hand in hand. Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Opioids Cut Life Expectancy
Safety Warning on Popular Toy
Skin Patch Shrinks Fat
Prevent High Blood Pressure
Flu Vaccine and Miscarriage
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Anemia: How Do You Know If You Have Anemia?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Swine Flu: Read About Symptoms and News
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): What Is Low Blood Pressure?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis? How and When Does It Happen?
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): How Do You Get Rid of UTI?
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning): What Is Sepsis?
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS): What Are the Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis?
- Hemoglobin: How to Increase Hemoglobin Levels
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart