Blood Donations Needed
The American Red Cross says it has an urgent need for blood
donations, with less than a five-day supply of blood on hand
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
From diagnosis to treatment, learn about this autoimmune
disease that causes chronic joint inflammation and pain
Hepatitis C Quiz
This chronic condition that affects one of the
body's largest organs. Test your hep C knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
CDC Updates Zika Guidelines
First Sign of Alzheimer's Disease
Smoke Less, Drink Less?
First Case of U.S. Transmission of Zika
Teen Diabetes Rate Exceeds Estimates
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
The 10 Most Common Allergy Triggers
Allergy season is here. Reactions to substances such as pollen, food, stings and more could be mild to life-threatening. View this quick guide to uncover the most common allergy triggers and how to find relief.
Psoriasis, Symptoms, Causes and Treatments
Psoriasis is a genetically programmed inflammatory disease that affects primarily the skin in about 3% of individuals in the United States.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Pneumothorax (Collapsed Lung): What Are the Signs and Symptoms of a Collapsed Lung?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Read About RA Symptoms, Treatment, and Diet
- Gallbladder Pain: What Are Symptoms Associated With Gallbladder Pain?
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension): Hypertension Symptoms and Treatment
- Alzheimer's Disease: Questions and Answers on Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Fact About Symptoms and Signs of UTI
- What Is Psoriasis?: Read About Psoriasis Treatment and Symptoms
- Pneumonia: Is it Contagious? Fungal Pneumonia Symptoms
- Creatinine Blood Test: Facts on Normal and Abnormal Results
- CA 125 Blood Test: Understand CA 125 Normal Range and Risk to Ovarian Cancer
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Sleep Apnea
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Low Testosterone (Low-T)
- Ovarian Cancer
- Heart Attack in Women
- Migraine Headache
- Binge Eating Disorder