Adults with gum disease may be twice as likely
as people with healthy gums to suffer a stroke
See 20 reasons for blood sugar swings and get
helpful tips on how to balance jumps and dips
Erectile Dysfunction Quiz
Do you know the causes, symptoms and treatment
options for ED? Test your knowledge.
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Middle-Age Health and Dementia
Cat Threat to Mental Health
Weight Loss & Yo-Yo Dieting
Flu Vaccine a Good Match
Test Can Spot Autism in Babies
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Proton Pump Inhibitors: What Are Side Effects of Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs)?
- Hypothyroidism: What Are the Symptoms of Hypothyroidism?
- Leukemia: Who Is at Risk of Leukemia?
- Laryngitis: Symptoms and Signs of Laryngitis
- Flu (Influenza A, B, and C): Flu Is Contagious and What Causes Flu?
- Yeast Infection: What Are the Symptoms of Yeast Infection?
- Jock Itch: How to Get Rid of Jock Itch
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Read About UTI Symptoms and Treatments
- Stool Color Changes: Read About Causes of Stool Color Changes
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart