'Brain Age' Predicts Death
When the brain ages faster than normal, people are at heightened
risk for brain disease and impairment, as well as early death
See 20 reasons for blood sugar swings and get
helpful tips on how to balance jumps and dips
Erectile Dysfunction Quiz
Do you know the causes, symptoms, and
treatment options for ED? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Energy Drink Heart Jolt
Warnings of Bogus Cancer Cures
Food Nutrient Tied to Blood Clots
Top 5 Conditions That Shorten Lives
Do Diet Sodas Pose Health Risks?
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Vitamin D Deficiency: Symptoms and Signs of Excessive Vitamin D Intake
- Heart Attack Symptoms: 12 Early Signs of Heart Attack
- Low Blood Pressure (Hypotension): What Are Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure?
- Skin Tag: Will Removing a Skin Tag Cause More to Grow?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes: What Causes Swollen Lymph Nodes?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Liver Disease: Read About the Symptoms of Liver Disease
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Read About UTI Symptoms and Treatments
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms of Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Ringworm: What Is the Treatment for Ringworm?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart