A new study estimates thousands of U.S. lives could be saved
if mammograms were done every year starting at this age...
13 Ways to Tame Eye Allergies
Red, itchy, puffy eyes? Know your triggers and learn
how to treat symptoms of allergic conjunctivitis
Health News of the Week
Annual Mammogram Age
New Blood Cancer Treatment
Blood Test for Cancers
Fatal Opioid Overdoses
Fleas Positive for Plague
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Swine Flu: Read About Symptoms and News
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Bilirubin Blood Test: What Are Normal Bilirubin Levels in Adults?
- Hemoglobin Levels: How to Increase Hemoglobin Levels
- HPV in Women: What Is HPV?
- Hiccups: How to Get Rid of Hiccups
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Is a Normal Creatinine Level?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Diabetes: What Signs and Symptoms Are Unique to Women?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart