Chocolate Guards the Heart
New research suggests chocolate might help keep a common and
dangerous form of irregular heartbeat at bay
Lose Weight Faster
Here are 10 surefire tricks to help boost
your metabolism and shed unwanted pounds
Health News of the Week
Filtered Cigarette Safety
New Fruit Juice Guidelines
Outbreak: Pool-Linked Infections
FDA Diabetes Drug Warning
Birth Using 3-D Printed Ovary
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Sunburn Relief: 25 Home Remedies For Sunburn
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome: How Is Guillain-Barre Syndrome Diagnosed?
- Spider Bites: What Are the Symptoms of Spider Bites?
- Stool Color Changes: Read About Causes of Stool Color Changes
- Rheumatoid Factor: What Is a Normal Rheumatoid Factor Range?
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms of Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Angelman Syndrome: Is Angelman Syndrome Treatable?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart