Marijuana for Cancer
If you legalize medical marijuana, a sizable number
of cancer patients will sign up, a new survey suggests
Health News of the Week
Sound the Mosquito Alarm
Magnesium Tied to Alzheimer's
Opioids Cut Life Expectancy
Safety Warning on Popular Toy
Skin Patch Shrinks Fat
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Diabetes Symptoms: 9 Symptoms of Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis? How and When Does It Happen?
- IBS Symptoms: Are IBS and IBD the Same Thing?
- Urinary Tract Infection: How Do You Get Rid of a UTI?
- Dialysis: When Do Patients Require Dialysis?
- Hypersomnia: How Do You Treat Hypersomnia?
- Kidney Failure: Symptoms and Signs of Kidney Failure
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms Associated With Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Psoriasis: What Are Psoriasis Causes and Risk Factors?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart