Risky Food Nutrient
A nutrient in meat and eggs may conspire with gut
bacteria to make the blood more prone to clotting
See 20 reasons for blood sugar swings and get
helpful tips on how to balance jumps and dips
Erectile Dysfunction Quiz
Do you know the causes, symptoms, and
treatment options for ED? Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Top 5 Conditions That Shorten Lives
Do Diet Sodas Pose Health Risks?
Blood to Boost Aging Brain
Frog May Be Flu Fighter
Pot Smoking in Pregnant Teens
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Migraine Headaches: Facts About Migraine Symptoms and Relief
- Osteoporosis: What Causes Osteoporosis?
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Read About UTI Symptoms and Treatments
- Leg Pain Symptoms: Leg Pain Symptoms, What Causes It?
- Ticks (Tick Bites): Learn About Tick Bite Symptoms and Treatments
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Liver Disease: Read About the Symptoms of Liver Disease
- Gallbladder Pain: What Are Symptoms Associated With Gallbladder Pain?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms of Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Kidney Pain: What Are the Symptoms of Kidney Pain?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart