Sound the Mosquito Alarm!
Two species of disease-transmitting mosquitoes
could likely flourish in most of the United States
Learn about this progressive condition that clouds the internal
lens of the eye, affecting vision and possible blindness over time
Lung Cancer Quiz
Lung cancer and smoking often, but not
always, go hand in hand. Test your knowledge
Take the Quiz
Health News of the Week
Magnesium Tied to Alzheimer's
Opioids Cut Life Expectancy
Safety Warning on Popular Toy
Skin Patch Shrinks Fat
Prevent High Blood Pressure
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Bone Marrow Transplantation: Who Is a Candidate for a Bone Marrow Transplant?
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Swine Flu: Read About Symptoms and News
- Steroids to Treat Arthritis: What Side Effects Are Associated with Steroid Injections?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): What Is Rheumatoid Arthritis? How and When Does It Happen?
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): How Do You Get Rid of UTI?
- Hypersomnia: How Do You Treat Hypersomnia?
- Leg Pain Symptoms: What Are Causes and Symptoms of Leg Pain?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms Associated With Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Vertigo: Can Vertigo Be Prevented?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart