No More Flu Shots?
An experimental skin patch with dissolving microneedles
appears as safe and effective as the flu shot
Health News of the Week
What Is 'Moderate' Exercise?
Fish Reduces Arthritis Pain
Prevent or Slow Dementia
Teen Promiscuity, Pregnancy Rates
Chemicals in Shampoos, Cosmetics
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Constipation Diet: Top 12 Foods for Constipation Relief
- Gallbladder Symptoms: What Causes Gallbladder Disease Symptoms?
- Kidney Infection (Pyelonephritis): Symptoms and Signs of Kidney Infection
- Early Detection of Cancer: How Do You Get Tested for Cancer?
- Rash: What Causes a Skin Rash?
- Lyme Disease: What Are Symptoms and Signs of Lyme Disease?
- Hernia: Non-Surgical Treatment for an Abdominal Hernia
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Is a Normal Creatinine Level?
- Vitiligo: What Is the Skin Condtion Vitiligo?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart