The American Academy of Pediatrics has issued
new guidelines for giving fruit juice to kids
Lose Weight Faster
Here are 10 surefire tricks to help boost
your metabolism and shed unwanted pounds
Health News of the Week
Outbreak: Pool-Linked Infections
FDA Diabetes Drug Warning
Birth Using 3-D Printed Ovary
Treatment Prevents Strokes
Porn and Sexual Dysfunction
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Schatzki Ring: What Is a Schatzki Ring?
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Liver Disease: Read About the Symptoms of Liver Disease
- PANDAS Syndrome: What Is PANDAS Disease?
- Bilirubin Blood Test: What Are Normal Bilirubin Levels in Adults?
- Electromyogram (EMG): Is the Electromyogram Test Painful?
- Poison Ivy Contagious: Is Poison Ivy Contagious?
- Cryptosporidiosis: What Is Cryptosporidiosis?
- Creatinine Blood Test: Symptoms of Elevated Blood Creatinine Levels
- Waardenburg Syndrome: What Is Waardenburg Syndrome?
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart