Fatal Opioid Overdoses
The rate of opioid drug overdose deaths among older teenagers
in the United States has taken a turn for the worse
Bites, stings, burns, and more. Don't let
these things spoil your summer fun
Health News of the Week
Fleas Positive for Plague
Kids Ingest Marijuana
5 Balloon Obesity Deaths
Pot Linked to HBP Deaths
Colon Cancer Deaths Up
Trending on MedicineNet
Health & Medical Pictures, Images and Slideshows
Stop Wrecking Your Teeth
Explore which dental habits can ruin a beautiful smile. From chewing on ice to teeth grinding, see which behaviors are terrible offenders as well as oral health tips that can protect your teeth and gums.
Who’s at Risk for Hepatitis C
What is Hepatitis C (Hep C, HVC)? Learn about hepatitis c symptoms, how you get hepatitis c, contagiousness, and hepatitis C treatment for this potentially fatal viral infection that affects the liver.
Latest Images and Slideshows
- Sexual Health: Surprising Health Benefits of Sex
- Heart Disease: A Visual Guide to Heart Disease
- Thyroid: Anatomy, Symptoms, and Disorders
Is a sore throat contagious? A sore throat often accompanies a cold or the flu, and has symptoms like mild fever, swollen lymph nodes and tonsils, and difficulty speaking or swallowing food due to throat pain.
Find out if you may be at risk for catching a sore throat.
Featured on MedicineNet
- Dengue Fever: What Are Dengue Fever Symptoms and Signs?
- Swine Flu: Swine Flu Symptoms and News
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): 15 RA Symptoms and Treatments
- Bilirubin Blood Test: What Are Normal Bilirubin Levels in Adults?
- Hemoglobin Levels: How to Increase Hemoglobin Levels?
- HPV in Women: What Is HPV?
- Lyme Disease: Symptoms and Signs of Lyme Disease
- Creatinine Blood Test: What Is a Normal Creatinine Level?
- Liver Blood Tests: Understanding Liver Blood Test Results
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI): Read About UTI Symptoms and Treatments
Featured Patient Discussions
Top Searched and Viewed Topics
Most Common Symptoms & Signs
- Cold Feet and Toes
- Metallic Taste in the Mouth
- Impaired Taste
- Swollen Tongue
- Painful Gums
- Enlarged Heart