From Our 2009 Archives
Swine Flu or Allergies: How Do You Tell the Difference?
Latest Cold and Flu News
Ev345 asks, "My question is how do you differentiate between swine flu and seasonal as well as indoor(to cats/dogs/dust mite etc.) allergies?
It's actually pretty easy.
There are 2 symptoms that are always present with the swine flu that you don't get with allergies.
While allergies can make you feel like crap, allergies do not cause fever. Without fever, you don't have the swine flu. Another symptom that almost everyone with the flu will have is body aches. This is also very unusual with seasonal allergies or allergies to dogs or cats.
The Latest on
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions