Definition of Neurooncologist
Neurooncologist: A physician trained to diagnose and treat patients with brain tumors and other types of tumors of the nervous system. From neuro- + oncology and sometimes written with a hyphen as neuro-oncologist.
A neurooncologist may be one of a number of types of physicians:
These (and other types of) physicians may function as neurooncologists because oncology (the study of cancer) is a very large field with a considerable diversity of neural tumors and various ways to diagnose and treat them.
Last Editorial Review: 6/14/2012
Back to MedTerms online medical dictionary A-Z List
Need help identifying pills and medications?
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions